At times I feel like I am the only one with this issue, so I post this in hopes that someone shares this same frustrating quality. Do the tiniest details cycle round and round in your head? My mind analyzes the smallest things over and over again; it's exasperating. It comes to the point where I want to scream at myself to stop. It doesn't happen for everything that goes on in my life, oh dear God imagine how awful that would be. Rather, it just happens for
every event which I have felt uncomfortable in or events which I wanted to go really well.
Did I say the right thing? *goes over the conversation a bajillion times* Ahh, I should have said...! What if he/she thought this?! Am I a bad person for...? Should I have..? What if...?
They just rack at my brain and won't quit. I may be able to forget about the situation for a little bit, but it comes back, like panic attacks. Over time, it leaves my mind depending on what happened; however, a new situation comes around to torture my mind again.
 |
Source: http://charleskinbote.tumblr.com/
|
I keep trying to tell myself, "
If you don't let yourself think about it, then you won't. If you don't let yourself think about it, then you won't. If you don't let yourself think about it, then you won't. Just ignore it. Just ignore the thought! Just ignore it!!!" That helps sometimes, temporarily.
I'm guessing this is just something I'll have to learn to deal with for the rest of my life. Hopefully, I am not the only one like this and do not sound like a complete weirdo.
I'm a terrible overthinker too. And overanalyser. It keeps me up at night so I get barely any sleep. You're definitely not alone ♥
ReplyDeleteErin
Omygoodness I am sorry I did not see your comment until now, but it is so comforting to know that I am not alone <3 I guess we just need to get over it sometimes and enjoy the present in life. Thanks for reading by the way!!
Delete