Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life is a Wave


            
            I say that life is a wave. It is an analogy that I have recently thought a lot about. There are moments in life where we are so high in the clouds, and I don't mean high off of drugs. They are just moments where we are so happy and everything feels right. You're satisfied with the way life is at that moment. You have nothing to worry or stress out about. After a bit of that, the wave tips, and you come crashing down. This is when you start to feel horrible. Why is life like this for you? Do you deserve this? Thoughts of self-harm and suicide might even flow in. A new wave now rises, and you're at a new high again. Things just had a way of working themselves out. You've got people to help you through the rough sea. 
             It's just constantly a cycle. High then low, high then low. The amount of time the intervals last can vary, but it is just that simple pattern. Is that all there really is to it? So when I'm down, I can just think, things will get better. When things are better, I just prepare myself for the crash and come back up again. Why is it so hard though? In the moment, when I'm actually facing the low point, I feel like I'm drowning, as if things can't get better. 
            Right now, I can't fully answer why it is so difficult. Maybe it is hard so that when you do come back up, you are stronger, or maybe it helps you appreciate your happy moments more, maybe it's both. I don't know, but I guess that's part of life. There are many wonders and mysteries in the ocean anyways, so if life is a wave, it makes sense that there is a lot about it that we do not understand completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment